Saturday, November 30, 2013

And It Is Finished!!

The quilt that I posted that I would finish this month, in coordination with A Lovely Year of Finishes, is finished!  It traveled with me to Texas, where I am visiting my son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter, so I could sew on the binding ... in between grandbaby time.



 
I ended up using some of the green that I added as the first border to do a small corded binding, using the Piping Hot Binding method from Susan K. Cleveland.  Because this was a kit that I was repurposing, I only had limited amounts of fabric.  The binding fabric that came with the kit was the same as the final border, so I wanted a little something in between the border and binding.  Because I didn't have enough of the blue (which probably would have shown up better), I used the green that I added for the first border. 
 
 
Hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving weekend with family and friends!
 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting it finished Christa...looks great, luv the piping. I added piping to mine too...I squeaked my finish in before the end of the month!! Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finish! The piping is a wonderful detail!! yay you :)

    ReplyDelete