The quilt was completed and hung in the Greater Ann Arbor Quilt Guild's show this weekend! I am very pleased with how cheerful the finished product is!
Time did become a crucial factor. My original intention was to echo quilt around the appliques and do some sort of custom quilting in the nine-patch blocks. (Yes, those are nine-patch blocks.) However, my volunteer work for the show took a bit longer than I expected. I put together a great deal of the show booklet, and I produced the cards that hung by each quilt.
As I trimmed and punched holes in the cards, my good friend Pauline quilted the quilt for me. (Wasn't able to re-make the card to give her credit there, but want to give her a shout out here! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Pauline. You are a fantastic friend!) A panto that included cars and loops was the perfect quilting pattern to use.
Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the fabric I used on the back, but it can be seen here. It was Hot Wheel cars on a white background. I just love this quilt. When I started it, I was going to give it as a donation quilt to SafeHouse, but at this point it might stay in my collection. If so, I will make another quilt as a donation quilt.
Be sure to check out all the other finishes on the Fiber of All Sorts or the Sew Bittersweet Designs blog page. There are some really great finishes. (Be sure to click through to number 41 -- simply fantastic!)
Post a Comment